When the fiber laser cutting machine cuts, according to the material of the cut sheet, different cutting gases are selected. The choice of gas and pressure has a great influence on the quality of fiber laser cutting machine
The influence of cutting gas and pressure on cutting quality
1) The cutting gas helps to dissipate heat and support combustion, blow away the molten stains, and obtain a better quality cut section.
2) When the pressure of the cutting gas is insufficient, the cutting quality will be affected as follows: melting stains are generated during cutting, and the cutting speed cannot be satisfied, which affects the production efficiency.
3) When the pressure of the cutting gas is too high, the impact on the cutting quality: the cutting surface is rough, and the slit is wider; at the same time, it will cause partial melting of the cut section and fail to form a good cut section.
The influence of cutting gas pressure on perforation
1) When the gas pressure is too low, the laser will not easily penetrate the cut sheet, and the punching time will increase, resulting in low productivity.
2) When the gas pressure is too high, the penetration point will melt, forming a larger melting point, which will affect the cutting quality.
3) In laser drilling, a higher gas pressure is generally used to punch thin plates, while a specific drilling method is used to punch thick plates to eliminate the disadvantages of low air pressure to the protection of the lens.
- When the laser cutting machine is cutting ordinary carbon steel, the thicker the material, the lower the pressure of the cutting gas. When cutting stainless steel, the cutting gas pressure increases relatively with the thickness of the material. In short, the selection of cutting gas and pressure during laser cutting must be adjusted according to actual conditions during cutting, and different cutting parameters should be selected according to specific conditions in specific applications.